Sex Discrimination In Sport: Time to Change Attitudes

I promised my readers, in a previous post, that I will offer discrimination in sport the attention it deserves. I will also ensure that my readers are able to appreciate an insight that usually does not become available to the public. 

I am now looking at a case which involves a female professional in football. The opponent is a governing body and the legal basis of the matter concerns sex discrimination in sport.

The issues are many and very important for the future of self-governance in sport. The outcome of this matter, will probably expose the dark side of football governance and the stereotypes that continue to exist in this environment. 

I hope that this case would encourage more complainants to come forward. Football is not a privilege for the few. Its governance requires transparency and equality. I hope a change could be imminent.

Dr Gregory Ioannidis

26 May 2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preliminary (Provisional) & Conservatory Measures before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS): Procedure & Practice.

The Economics of Football and the Curious Case of Club Governance

An Insight into the World of Football Transfers